This may be the longest post ever done on Two Ellie, but 7th birthdays are a big deal. Ha. Ellie knew what she wanted for this years party, lots of colors, sparkle, pinata bashing and a touch of fairies. Of course I wanted to deliver. We had the party later in the evening and made it an ice cream social with cake. Really what is a birthday party without cake? I will post links to goods at the end of the post. These are the invites I came up with to usher in her color loving ways...
Of course Ellie's ribbons she won from her horse show earlier in the day had to be displayed.
The day before Ellie and KJ decided they wanted to make some of the decor so they colored a bunch of elephant portraits. The garland I made and the flowers were from daddy.
The gold number balloon has quickly become a staple for all our parties and the glow sticks were perfect once the sun went down.
During parties I try to keep everyone entertained with arts and crafts and such so toys don't end up everywhere.
I still have this room set up. Tried to convince the Mr to let me keep it up till my birthday on the 22nd. I have a feeling though that they will be coming down sooner than later though.
How I incorporated the fairies into the party...
Some of the toppings for the ice cream which ended up being a huge hit.
The mandatory funny face pic with my girl...
Piñata time was tons of fun. The Mr decided he would hold it up. A daring choice it was...
Alas this was one tough piñata so a few of the adults got a go. The Mr knows my athletic skills and I believe he was quite nervous that I would miss and miss I did not. I also did not bust it. That honor went to long time friend Chris, the guitarist from Act of Congress. Have you heard their new Album. It is FABULOUS!!!
I love her and was happy to make her party day dreams come true...
- For the gold tassels I used this tutorial and my own version for the longer ones. I bought the mylar sheets here. They are not easy to make. The mylar slides. It was most definitely worth it though. They have been used in two parties thus far. I am sure using tissue paper would be much easier.
- The ruffle streamers, ice cream cups, wooden spoons, straws, lanterns, and candles were all purchased from Shop Sweet Lulu.
- Big gold seven, piñata + stick, and candy apple peppermint sticks are from our local Party City.
- Glow sticks, napkins, and paper plates were purchased at Target. The confetti table cloth is from there too, but it was bought back in March.
- Art & craft supplies are all from Michael's
- Gold votives bought here.
- The grass for under the cake was purchased for another party and I was able to use it again. It was purchased from Save on Crafts.
- Cake from Edgars as always.