I know I should do more to help the green effort, but I must be honest where I live makes it more difficult to make it a lifestyle. In order to simply recycle we would need to drive quite a ways in order to even make a drop off.
I do try to do a few things though...
1. I use organic cleaners such as Mrs. Meyers and Method.
2. I always try to remember my own bags for the grocery store.
3. I am a homebody so my car can sit in the garage for days at a time.
4. We use cloth napkins.
5. The magazines that I do not want to keep I pass on.
6. Low VOC paint is my paint of choice.
What I want to do...
1. Change out all our light bulbs to something more eco friendly.
2. Only buy what I need. Whether it's clothing or food, I just don't want to waste. FYI, I am continuing my shopping hiatus till the end of the year. I will expand on this later.
3. Bring my own bag to all stores, not just the grocery store.
4. Try to fit more organic and locally grown foods into the budget.
5. Use reusable water bottles for the whole family.
For helpful tips, here are a few blogs that feature green living in a beautiful way.
I would love some more tips if you have them. I know I could do more. Now to go do some gardening.